Travellers to Natal give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and musical theatre. Top sights in the city include Fort of the Three Kings, Dunas Arena and Ponta Negra Beach.
- There are 380 hotels and other accommodation options in Natal
- The closest major airport is in Natal (NAT-Governador Aluizio Alves Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Natal
Cultural venues in the city include Alberto Maranhao Theater, Cafe Filho Museum and Museum of Popular Culture. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort of the Three Kings, Christmas Tree and Newton Navarro Bridge. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Ponta Negra Beach, Genipabu Beach and Pirangi Cashew Tree.
In Parnamirim, you can choose from 380 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kristie Resort - Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Ponta Negra can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its clean and comfortable rooms.
- Golden Tulip Natal Ponta Negra - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Ponta Negra features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Estilo Pousada Boutique - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star pousada in Ponta Negra can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Other top sights in Natal include Dunas Arena and Morro do Careca.
Getting around Natal
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Natal Station, Natal Alecrim II Station or Natal Alecrim I Station. Natal may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Natal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 24°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Natal gets about 1231 millimetres of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C