Search Hotels in Montepulciano
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Montepulciano are sure to enjoy the wineries and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and cafes. Tenuta Valdipiatta, Pienza Cathedral and Palazzo Piccolomini are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 242 hotels and other accommodation options in Montepulciano
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 36.2 mi (58.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Montepulciano
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Torre di Pulcinella, Piazza Grande, and Dome of Montepulciano. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Val di Chiana. Top activities include wine tasting and taking a tour, while Tenuta Valdipiatta, Cantina Contucci and Consorzio del Vino Nobile di Montepulciano are favourite sights to visit.
In Chianciano Terme, you'll find 242 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Locanda di San Francesco - Amenities at this townhouse include free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Agriturismo La Corte del Cavalierino - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this farm stay. Amenities at this farm house include a winery and an in-room kitchenette.
- Agriturismo Nobile - Amenities at this farm house include a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Pienza Cathedral, 5.7 mi/9.1 km from the city centre, and Palazzo Piccolomini, which is 5.7 mi/9.1 km away.
Getting around Montepulciano
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Montepulciano Station. Montepulciano might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Montepulciano
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- Montepulciano gets about 823.00 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Montepulciano?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Montepulciano, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Montepulciano?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Montepulciano?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Montepulciano?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Montepulciano?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Montepulciano?
Where's the best place to stay in Montepulciano to absorb the local history?
Montepulciano Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Montepulciano by Star Rating
- Hotels near Montepulciano Airports
- Accommodation near Montepulciano Attractions
- More accommodation types in Montepulciano
- Choose Your Montepulciano Hotel Style
- Search Montepulciano Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Montepulciano
- Hotels Near Montepulciano, Tuscany
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends