Visitors can enjoy all that Melun has to offer including the forests and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte and Chateau de Fontainebleau.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Melun
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 32 mi (51.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Melun
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte and Chateau de Fontainebleau. You'll also find Carré Sénart and Forêt de Fontainebleau in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Melun. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Grand Monarque - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Ibis Melun Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi.
Getting around Melun
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Melun Station. Melun may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Melun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 994.30 millimetres of rain falls on Melun each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C