Visitors to Fontainebleau are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Chateau de Fontainebleau and Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodation options in Fontainebleau
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Fontainebleau
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Chateau de Fontainebleau. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Forêt de Fontainebleau. Additionally, you might want to add Fontainebleau Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Fontainebleau. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel de Londres - Amenities at this hotel include free WiFi and a bar. Expedia travellers love its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Ibis Château de Fontainebleau - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar and a snack bar/deli.
- Hôtel Victoria - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar and a coffee shop. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte, located 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Fontainebleau
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Fontainebleau Thomery Station. Fontainebleau may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Fontainebleau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Fontainebleau gets about 994.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C