History buffs enjoy visiting Meknes though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, monuments and university setting. A top sight in the city is Bou Inania Medersa.
- You'll find 488 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fes
- The closest major airport is in Fes (FEZ-Saiss), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Meknes
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Bou Inania Medersa, Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, and Bab el-Mansour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dar Jamai Museum and El Hedim Square.
In Dkhissa, there are 75 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Riad Yacout - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private balcony. Expedia travellers love its pool and quiet location.
- Riad Idrissi - This 2-star riad features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Riad Meknès - This 3-star riad features free breakfast, a seasonal outdoor pool and a terrace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Getting around Meknes
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Meknes Station or Al Amir Abdul Kader Station. Meknes might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Meknes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Meknes gets about 306.30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C