History buffs will enjoy exploring Luxor, and visitors give high marks for the temples, riverfront and local tours. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its museums. Top sights in the city include Luxor Temple, Karnak and Valley of the Kings.
- There are 151 hotels and other accommodation options in Luxor
- The closest major airport is in Luxor (LXR-Luxor Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Luxor
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Luxor Museum. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Luxor Temple, Karnak and Valley of the Kings. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Valley of the Queens and Colossi of Memnon.
In Armant, you'll find 151 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and central location.
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free parking.
- Nile Compound Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Dressing for Luxor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 42°C, whilst the average at night is 15°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 42°C with night-time averages of 20°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 37°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- Luxor gets about 8.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 41°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 7°C