Visitors to Lusaka are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, entertainment choices and live music.
- There are 135 hotels and other accommodation options in Lusaka
- The closest major airport is in Lusaka (LUN-Kenneth Kaunda Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lusaka
Cultural venues in the city include Lusaka National Museum, 37d Gallery and Lechwe Trust Art Gallery. The picturesque setting of Freedom Statue and Lusaka National Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Lusaka City Market and Soweto Market.
In Chilanga, you can choose from 135 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Latitude 15 - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Taj Pamodzi Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Lusaka Tower - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Lusaka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 17°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 17°C at night
- About 811.10 millimetres of rain falls on Lusaka each year
- Hottest months are usually October and September with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 10°C