Visitors can enjoy all that Lorient has to offer including the waterfront, festivals and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music and bars.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Lorient
- The closest major airport is in Lorient (LRT-Lorient - South Brittany), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lorient
Favourite places to visit in the city include Stade du Moustoir, Cite de la Voile Eric Tabarly and Theatre de la Chimere. You'll also find Parc des Expositions Lorient and Golf Blue Green Val Queven in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lorient. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Victor Hugo - Amenities at this 2-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hôtel Escale Oceania Lorient - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a fitness centre and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Citotel Leopol - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free WiFi and free parking.
Getting around Lorient
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lorient Station. Lorient might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lorient
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Lorient each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C