Families will find kid-friendly activities in Longmont, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views, breweries and shopping. Top sights around the area include Folsom Field, Chautauqua Park and National Center for Atmospheric Research.
- You'll find 342 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Boulder
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (DEN-Denver Intl.), 31.5 mi (50.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Longmont
The city's cultural venues include Longmont Museum and Dougherty Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and these places to visit: Sandstone Ranch Community Park, Saint Vrain State Park and Settler's Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bella Rosa Golf Course and Pacific Events Center.
In Boulder, there are 59 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Niwot Inn & Spa - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Longmont - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free parking.
- Candlewood Suites Longmont - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Folsom Field, 13.8 mi/22.3 km from the city centre, and Chautauqua Park, which is 14.8 mi (23.9 km) away.
Dressing for Longmont
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -12°C at night
- About 352 millimetres of rain falls on Longmont each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -11°C