Visiting Long Key
Visitors to Long Key are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Dolphin Research Center and Theater of the Sea.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Long Key
- The closest major airport is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon), 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Key
The sunsets and beaches exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Long Key State Park and Fiesta Key. Additionally, in the area you'll find Dolphin Research Center and Theater of the Sea.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Long Key. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Edgewater Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features a marina, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Lime Tree Bay Resort - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a private beach and free breakfast.
Dressing for Long Key
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 18°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 26°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 18°C
- Long Key gets about 1172 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 18°C