Search Hotels in Koh Samui Islands
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2020
Visiting Koh Samui Islands
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Koh Samui Islands, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, relaxing spas and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Nathon Pier, Hin Laad Waterfall and Lad Wanorn Waterfall.
- There are 2316 hotels and other accommodation options in Koh Samui Islands
- The closest major airport is in Ko Samui (USM), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Koh Samui Islands
Attractions like Samui Go Kart, Samui Butterfly Garden and Paradise Park Farm are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Fisherman's Village Plaza, Big Buddha Statue and Wat Plai Laem. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Hin Laad Waterfall, Lad Wanorn Waterfall and Bo Phut Beach.
In Koh Samui, there are 2316 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bo Phut Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with a private balcony. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- The Siam Residence Boutique Resort - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this resort. This 4-star resort features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Rocky's Boutique Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Koh Samui Islands include Nathon Pier, Namuang Waterfall 2 and Namuang Waterfall. Outside the city, top places to visit include Khanom Beach, 29.4 mi/47.2 km from the city centre, and Donsak Pier, which is 23.7 mi/38.1 km away.
Dressing for Koh Samui Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 34°C and the night-time average to be 23°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Koh Samui Islands is 78 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 34°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°C