Visitors can enjoy all that Kitakyushu has to offer including the parks, museums and theme park. Top sights in the city include Kokura Castle and Mojiko Retro.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodation options in Kitakyushu
- The closest major airport is in Kitakyushu (KKJ), 12.8 mi (20.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ube (UBJ-Yamaguchi - Ube), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kitakyushu
Cultural venues in the city include Kitakyushu Manga Museum, Museum of Natural and Human History and Kyushu Railway Memorial. The city is notable for landmarks like Kokura Castle, Mojiko Retro and Takatoyama Park. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kawachi Fujien, Mekari Park and Hiraodai.
In Kanda, there are 65 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kokura-Ekimae - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and central location.
- RIHGA Royal Hotel Kokura - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 5 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Nishitetsu Inn Kokura - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, parking and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting around Kitakyushu
With so many transport options, seeing Kitakyushu is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Edamitsu Station, Tanga Station and Yobuno Station. If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Kitakyushu Kokura Station, Kitakyushu Kurosaki Station or Kitakyushu Nishikurosaki Station.
Dressing for Kitakyushu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kitakyushu is 1084.90 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C