Search Hotels in Kildare
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Kildare are sure to enjoy the bars, restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights around the area include Kildare Shopping Village and Punchestown Racecourse. In Kildare, there are 4 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kildare
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Kildare Shopping Village is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Irish National Stud and Kildare Cathedral.
This is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tulloch - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with cable TV.
Top places to visit around the area include Punchestown Racecourse, 12.4 mi/20 km from the heart of the city, and Wicklow Mountains National Park, which is 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away.
Getting around Kildare
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Kildare Station. Kildare might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kildare
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Kildare gets about 27 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C