Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and bars in Corfu. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its gardens, island views, and entertainment.
- There are 39 Corfu hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Corfu (CFU-Ioannis Kapodistrias), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Corfu
- Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, while Lefkimmi Port, Sivota Harbour, and Port of Igoumenitsa are favourite sights to visit
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Ancient Roman Baths and Monastery of Ragio
- The beach, seaside, and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Kavos Beach, Arkoudilas Beach, and Boukari Beach
Corfu is adjacent to Melíkia. Popular sights in the area include Issos Beach and Public Library and Gallery of Igoumenitsa.
Getting around Corfu
There are plenty of options for getting around Corfu. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Corfu
With 39 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, Corfu offers holiday retreats at affordable prices:
- 7 hotels, ranging from GBP 30/night to GBP 50/night
- 24 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 25/night to GBP 50/night
- 7 apartments, ranging from GBP 25/night to GBP 63/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Toni's Guesthouse, averaging GBP 42.2/night
- Konstantina Apartments, averaging GBP 40.05/night
Toni's Guesthouse, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Konstantina Apartments has a 4.5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Corfu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the nighttime average
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Corfu each year