Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 31 Dec 2020
Visiting Jekyll Island
History buffs will enjoy exploring Jekyll Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Top sights around the area include Driftwood Beach and Saint Simons Island Pier.
- You'll find 1162 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 13.7 mi (22 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 42.3 mi (68.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jekyll Island
Favourite family attractions include Georgia Sea Turtle Center and Summer Waves Water Park. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Great Dunes Park and Horton House. The beaches, sunrises and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Driftwood Beach and Jekyll Island State Park.
In Brunswick, you can choose from 124 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Seafarer Inn & Suites, Ascend Hotel Collection - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- The Westin Jekyll Island - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a water park and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Saint Simons Island Pier, located 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Jekyll Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Jekyll Island gets about 1143 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Jekyll Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Jekyll Island, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Jekyll Island?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Jekyll Island?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Jekyll Island?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Jekyll Island?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Jekyll Island?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Jekyll Island?
What's the best accommodation in Jekyll Island to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Jekyll Island?
Jekyll Island Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Jekyll Island by Star Rating
- Hotels near Jekyll Island Airports
- Accommodation near Jekyll Island Attractions
- More accommodation types in Jekyll Island
- Choose Your Jekyll Island Hotel Style
- Search Jekyll Island Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Jekyll Island
- Hotels Near Jekyll Island, Brunswick
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends