Search Hotels in St. Simons Island, GA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 29 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 28 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 4 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 3 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 10 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 13 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 10 Nov 2020
Visiting St. Simons Island
History buffs will enjoy exploring St. Simons Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Saint Simons Island Pier and Driftwood Beach.
- You'll find 1176 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Simons Island
Cultural venues in the city include St. Simons Lighthouse Museum, Mildred Huie Museum at Mediterranean House and Maritime Center at the Historic Coast Guard Station. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Christ Church, Frederica, Fort Frederica National Monument, and Bloody Marsh Battle Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Demere Park, Neptune Park and Little River.
Other top sights in St. Simons Island include Saint Simons Island Pier. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Driftwood Beach, located 9.2 mi (14.7 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for St. Simons Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 20°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- About 1143 millimetres of rain falls on St. Simons Island each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 7°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in St. Simons Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in St. Simons Island, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in St. Simons Island?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to St. Simons Island?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to St. Simons Island?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in St. Simons Island?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in St. Simons Island?
What's the best high-end place to stay in St. Simons Island?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in St. Simons Island?
What's the best golf hotel in St. Simons Island?
What's the best hotel in St. Simons Island that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in St. Simons Island?
St. Simons Island Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in St. Simons Island by Star Rating
- Hotels near St. Simons Island Airports
- Areas of St. Simons Island
- Accommodation near St. Simons Island Attractions
- More accommodation types in St. Simons Island
- Choose Your St. Simons Island Hotel Style
- Search St. Simons Island Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in St. Simons Island
- Hotels Near St. Simons Island, Brunswick
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends