Visitors to Ishigaki are sure to enjoy the beaches and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its mountain views. Top sights in the city include Ishigaki Port, Kabira Bay and Kabira Bay Beach.
- There are 128 hotels and other accommodation options in Ishigaki
- The closest major airport is in Ishigaki (ISG-Painushima), 7.9 mi (12.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ishigaki
The city's cultural venues include Awamori Museum and Yaeyama Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory, Fusaki Kannon-do Temple and Kannonzaki Lighthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Kabira Bay, Kabira Bay Beach and Ishigaki Sunset Beach.
In Tarama, you'll find 128 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- HALI HALI HOUSE - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Pension Coco - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this pension. With a stay at this 3-star pension, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi.
- Aleyzd Bale Ishigaki - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Other top sights in Ishigaki include Ishigaki Port.
Dressing for Ishigaki
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 24°C and the night-time average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Ishigaki gets about 77 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 12°C