Visitors to Irun are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, parks and monuments. Top sights around the area include Hendaye Beach, Monte Urgull and Concha Beach.
- You'll find 729 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Sebastian
- The closest major airport is in San Sebastian (EAS), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Biarritz (BIQ-Pays Basque), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Irun
Cultural venues in the city include Oiasso Museum, Menchu Gal Museum and Museo Ermita de Santa Elena. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ayuntamiento de Irun and Stadium Gal.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Irun. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Caserio Gure Ametsa - This 1-star pension features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its comfortable beds.
- Hotel Urdanibia Park - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Irun - This 1-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Hendaye Beach, located 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Monte Urgull, which is 9.9 mi/15.9 km away.
Getting around Irun
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Irún Station. Irun might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Irun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Irun gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°C