Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, shopping, and bars in Ipswich. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, riverfront city can discover its coffeehouses, sporting events, and casinos.
- There are 6 Ipswich hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ipswich
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Ipswich City Square is a favourite locale for retail therapy
- Workshops Rail Museum and Ipswich Show Society are a couple of favourite places to visit
- Also popular for its riverfront, ferries, and casinos
Getting around Ipswich
With so many transportation options, seeing Ipswich is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Ipswich Station. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local marina.
Staying in Ipswich
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Best Western Ipswich Heritage Motor Inn, averaging GBP 110.41/night
- Ipswich City Motel, averaging GBP 81.49/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Best Western Ipswich Heritage Motor Inn with a 4.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Ipswich
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 5°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ipswich is 35 millimetres