Visiting Houghton Lake
Travellers to Houghton Lake give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. A top sight in the city is Lake Huron.
- You'll find 143 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Grayling
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 50.3 mi (80.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Houghton Lake
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Lake Huron. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pineview Highlands Golf Course and Quest Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Houghton Lake. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Beachfront Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Lakeside Resort and Conference Center - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a free water park, along with free WiFi.
- American Inn and Suites Houghton Lake - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Houghton Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -11°C at night
- About 731 millimetres of rain falls on Houghton Lake each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -12°C