Search Hotels in Harris
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Pocket Guide: Harris
Guests will want to experience the kayaking, bird watching and island in Harris. Visitors who travel to this scenic landscape, cosy and seaside city can discover its beaches, museums and golfing.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Stornoway (SYY), 30 mi (48.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Harris
- Well-known for its museums and cultural attractions, such as MacGillivray Centre and Seallam
- Notable landmarks include Amhuinnsuidhe Castle, Leverburgh, and Seallam! Visitor Centre
- The birds, island and beaches provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Luskentyre Beach, Traigh Losgaintir Beach, and Clisham
Getting around Harris
There are many transport options in Harris. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Dressing for Harris
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 13°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 14°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 11°C and nighttime averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Harris is 31 millimetres