Visitors can enjoy all that Gouda has to offer including the local tours, churches and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, archaeological sites and theatres. Mill Network at Kinderdijk-Elshout, Arboretum Trompenburg and De Koopgoot are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 177 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Rotterdam
- The closest major airport is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gouda
Cultural venues in the city include Museum Gouda, De Goudse Schouwburg and Catharina Gasthuis. The city is notable for landmarks like Molen De Roode Leeuw, Waag and Markt. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Stadhuis and St Janskerk.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Gouda. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus City Hotel Gouda - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Campanile Hotel Gouda - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Mill Network at Kinderdijk-Elshout, 9.5 mi/15.3 km from the city centre, and Arboretum Trompenburg, which is 10.5 mi/16.9 km away.
Getting around Gouda
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Gouda Station or Gouda Goverwelle Station. Gouda may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gouda
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Gouda gets about 827.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C