Visitors can enjoy all that Fukushima has to offer including the hot springs, lakeside setting and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. A top sight in the area is Zao Fox Village.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in Fukushima
- The closest major airport is in Sendai (SDJ), 38.2 mi (61.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fukushima (FKS), 38.7 mi (62.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fukushima
The city is notable for landmarks like Nakano Fudoson, Horikiri House and Surikamigawa Dam. The city's natural beauty is on display at Iizaka Onsen, Tsuchiyu Onsen and Fukushima Minka Garden. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fukushima Prefectural Museum of Art and Fukushima Azuma Baseball Stadium.
In Yonezawa, you can choose from 56 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- APA HOTEL FUKUSHIMA-EKIMAE - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and laundry facilities. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- JR-EAST HOTEL METS FUKUSHIMA - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and parking.
- HOTEL SANKYO FUKUSHIMA - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to valet parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Zao Hot Springs Ski Resort, located 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Zao Fox Village, which is 19.2 mi (30.9 km) away.
Getting around Fukushima
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Fukushima Station. Fukushima may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Fukushima
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Fukushima gets about 1205 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C