Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Santorini, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the island views, sunsets, and volcanoes. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, churches, and beaches.
- There are 35 Santorini hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Thira (JTR-Santorini National), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Santorini
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and taking a tour, while Athinios Port is one place to visit
- Well-known for its museums and attractions such as Archaeological Museum, Museum of Prehistoric Thira, and Wall Paintings of Thira Exhibition
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks to visit including Catholic Cathedral, Dominican Convent, and Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral
- The beach, sunsets, and island views provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Nea Kameni Volcano, Red Beach, and Skaros Rock
Santorini is adjacent to Exo Gialos. Popular sights in the area include Megaro Gyzi and Megaro Gyzi Museum.
Getting around Santorini
There are many transportation options in Santorini. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Santorini
With 35 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, Santorini offers holiday retreats at affordable prices:
- 15 hotels, ranging from GBP 69/night to GBP 444/night
- 7 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 66/night to GBP 423/night
- 6 apartments, ranging from GBP 116/night to GBP 269/night
- 6 villas
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Reverie Traditional Apartments, averaging GBP 106.42/night
- Homeric Poems, averaging GBP 393.4/night
A 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Reverie Traditional Apartments with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating while Homeric Poems has a 4.9 rating by guests.