Visitors can enjoy all that Exeter has to offer including the restaurants, beaches and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in London, ON (YXU-London Intl.), 27.9 mi (44.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 55.3 mi (89 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Exeter
Places to visit in the larger region include Grand Bend Beach, Grand Bend Motorplex and Ironwood Golf Club. You'll also find Huron Country Playhouse and Grand Bend’s Beach House Observation Deck in the area.
As you plan for your holiday to Exeter, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can select from 33 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- The Gregory Bed & Breakfast is located 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the heart of Exeter. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in South Huron can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Oakwood Resort is 14 mi (22.6 km) from the centre of Exeter. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Grand Bend can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Exeter
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- Exeter gets about 987.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -9°C