Visitors can enjoy all that Ettlingen has to offer including the spas, its breweries and forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, rivers and architecture. Around the area, top sights include Messe Karlsruhe, Caracalla Spa and Friedrichsbad.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Ettlingen
- The closest major airport is in Karlsruhe Baden-Baden (FKB-Baden Airpark), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Stuttgart (STR), 39.2 mi (63.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ettlingen
A favourite place to visit in the city is Ettlingen Palace. Additionally, in the area you'll find Messe Karlsruhe and Caracalla Spa.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ettlingen. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Restaurant Erbprinz - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Watthalden - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include 2 restaurants and free WiFi.
- Ibis Styles Karlsruhe Ettlingen - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Friedrichsbad, 13.5 mi/21.7 km from the city centre, and Casino Baden-Baden, which is 13.7 mi (22.1 km) away.
Getting around Ettlingen
With so many transport options, seeing all of Ettlingen is easy. Nearby metro stations include Ettlingen City S-Bahn and Busenbach S-Bahn. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Bruchhausen (b Ettlingen) Station or Ettlingen West Station.
Dressing for Ettlingen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Ettlingen gets about 760.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C