History buffs will enjoy exploring Essaouira, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This secluded city also attracts tourists with its live music. A top sight in the city is Essaouira Beach.
- There are 278 hotels and other accommodation options in Essaouira
- The closest major airport is in Essaouira (ESU-Mogador), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Essaouira
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Mohammed Ben Abdallah Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Place Moulay el Hassan, Bordj el Berod, and Skala de la Ville. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Essaouira Beach and Sidi Kaouki Beach.
In Bani Antar, you can choose from 278 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Quieta - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ryad Watier - Our customers like the quiet location and room size at this riad. Guests who stay at this 3-star riad in Medina can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Riad Chbanate - Guests who stay at this 4-star riad in Medina can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Essaouira
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Essaouira is 9 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°C