Search Hotels in East Sydney
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 3 Aug 2020
Where to stay in East Sydney
Sydney Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(343 area reviews)
Known for its captivating waterfront views and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Sydney Central Business District. Check out top attractions like Sydney Tower and SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, and jump on the metro at Wynyard Station or Martin Place Station to see more of the city.
Stroll through back alleys to discover bustling wine bars, independent galleries and gourmet food in this lively and historic inner-city neighbourhood.
Abundant dining options and colourful gardens are just a few notable features Potts Point is known for, and you can get around the area by hopping on the metro at Kings Cross Station.
Darlinghurst is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Crown Street and Green Park while you're in town.
Enjoy a meal or relax at a cocktail bar overlooking Sydney Harbour on one of the world’s longest timber wharves in this revitalised neighbourhood.
Visiting East Sydney
Travellers to East Sydney give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and bustling port. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its museums, cafes and opera houses. Top sights in the city include Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney Opera House and Circular Quay.
- There are 226 hotels and other accommodation options in East Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in East Sydney
The city is well known for its museums and opera, and cultural venues include Sydney Opera House, Art Gallery of New South Wales and Open Air Cinema. The city is notable for landmarks like St Mary's Cathedral, Mrs. Macquarie's Chair and Taylor Square. The picturesque setting of Royal Botanic Gardens and The Domain exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Sydney, there are 226 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Medusa Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to concierge services and a computer station, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Spicers Potts Point - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Larmont Sydney by Lancemore - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and WiFi.
Other top sights in East Sydney include Circular Quay and Crown Street. Popular places to visit around the area include Hyde Park, 0.6 mi/1 km from the city centre, and Sydney Tower, which is 0.7 mi/1.1 km away.
Getting around East Sydney
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of East Sydney is a breeze. Make your way to Kings Cross Station to catch the metro. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for East Sydney
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- About 1188 millimetres of rain falls on East Sydney each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 8°C