Travellers to Dunkeld give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and bars. Perth Racecourse, Scone Palace and Gleneagles Golf Course are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Dunkeld
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 28.1 mi (45.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 43.3 mi (69.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunkeld
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and these places to visit: The Hermitage, Polney Loch and Birnam Oak. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dunkeld Cathedral and Loch of the Lowes.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Dunkeld. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Royal Dunkeld - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- Atholl Arms Hotel - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Dunkeld House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Perth Racecourse, 13.9 mi/22.4 km from the heart of the city, and Scone Palace, which is 14.3 mi (23.1 km) away.
Getting around Dunkeld
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Dunkeld & Birnam Station. Dunkeld may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Dunkeld
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 701.60 millimetres of rain falls on Dunkeld each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C