Travellers to Dundalk give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its sporting events and gardens. In Dundalk, there are 31 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Dundalk
The city is notable for landmarks like Cuchulainn Castle, Carlingford Heritage Centre and Proleek Dolmen. The gardens and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Cooley Mountains and Oriel Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dundalk Stadium and Dundalk Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Dundalk. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mourneview B&B - With a stay at this 4-star country house, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Ballymascanlon House Hotel - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a golf course, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Crowne Plaza Dundalk - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Getting around Dundalk
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dundalk Station. Dundalk might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Dundalk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Dundalk gets about 766.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C