Search Hotels in Downpatrick
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Downpatrick has to offer including the golf courses, cafes and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and rivers. Belfast Botanic Gardens, Ulster Museum and Waterfront Hall are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Downpatrick
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 30.3 mi (48.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Downpatrick
Cultural venues in the city include Down County Museum, Downpatrick & County Down Railway and St. Patrick Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Inch Abbey, Killyleagh Castle and Castle Ward. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. John's Point Lighthouse and Quoile Pondage Nature Reserve.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 10 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Downpatrick. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Collie Close is located in central Downpatrick. Guests staying at this bed & breakfast in Downpatrick can enjoy access to free breakfast and free WiFi.
- INCH SCHOOL is located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre. Located in Downpatrick, this 4-star cottage features a kitchen, a fireplace and free WiFi.
- Hamilton House Holiday Apartment is 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city's heart. Located in Downpatrick, this guesthouse features a kitchen and a living room.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Belfast Botanic Gardens, located 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city centre, and Ulster Museum, which is 19.2 mi/30.9 km away.
Dressing for Downpatrick
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Downpatrick each year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Downpatrick?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Downpatrick, will I receive a refund?
Downpatrick Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Downpatrick by Star Rating
- Hotels near Downpatrick Airports
- Accommodation near Downpatrick Attractions
- More accommodation types in Downpatrick
- Search Downpatrick Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Downpatrick
- Hotels Near Downpatrick, Northern Ireland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends