Visitors to Douglas are sure to enjoy the beaches, shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries, art and sightseeing tours.
- You'll find 351 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Holland
- The closest major airport is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 38.2 mi (61.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Douglas
Cultural venues in the city include Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society, Water Street Gallery and Button-Petter Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Beery Field, Wade's Bayou Memorial Park and Kalamazoo Lake. Additionally, you might want to add Saugatuck Brewing Company to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Douglas. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Pines Motorlodge - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rosemont Inn Resort B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Douglas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Douglas is 934.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -7°C