At first we were skeptical, but the place grew on us. If you want North American standards, go to the big hotels out of town. If you want an authentic Papeete experience stay here. Ask for an outside corner room for an amazing view of Moorea. Ignore the main street--you won't hear it after hours. Lobby is a breezeway; you have to turn on your room's air conditioner. Speaking French helps with the front desk staff but they try hard. Great location, if you are interested in the downtown. Easy walks to supermarkets. If you want golf and private beaches go to the big hotels. Lovely parks in three directions, shopping everywhere.If you want golf and private beaches, go to the big hotels instead. Acquaintances of ours who did so somewhat regretted not having our location here for at least part of the time on island.
Located in the heart of Papeete, this hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Parc Bougainville, Place Jacques Chirac, and Black …More
Bora Bora is as beautiful as the postcards depict. The island, the water, the hotel were all worth the trip!
The Le Meridien is a great place to stay. The staff, Jean-Marie was wonderful at Breakfast and lunch!
Sam and Chantal were most helpful concierges.
A MOST enjoyable stay!
Thank You All!
Overlooking Bora Bora's beautiful lagoon, this waterfront resort sits on two islands and has dramatic views of Mt Otemanu at …More
We stayed at the Maitai at the end of June. We we only stayed there two nights, so for the amount of time it was fine. We had several issues that dampened our stay.
1) The hotel was supposed to arrange transportation to Viatape for the Heiva celebration so our arrival and quick departure for our dinner reservations would be seemless. While they fixed the issue, the language barrier was difficult.
2) the breakfast, if not included in your room rate, is $25 pp and not really good. While we always expect insects when the food in Bora Bora is open to the outside, many of the items had ants all over them.
3) Our lunch at their beachfront restaurant was tasty, however, they fought my husband and I the wrong drinks, charged us for water they never brought, and charged us for an extra burger.
4) Our final bill was also incorrect and had to be fixed.
5) The rooms are very dated, and the sun rises on that side of the island, so there is only sun on the beach after lunch , in between the trees.
What we did like about the resort was:
1) Great location in Matira Beach. Close proximity to two small grocery stores, and also within walking distance to a couple of reasonably priced restaurants.
2) Grounds are well kept.
3) Bed was very comfortable.
4) Good pricing for Bora Bora hotel.
5) Concierge was very helpful.
Nestled on the beach, this Matira resort is within a 15-minute walk of Matira Beach and Coral Gardens. Leopard Rays Trench …More
We stayed at the Pearl resort for six nights. We stayed in a garden bungalow with our two kids and had a wonderful experience. It's a lovely resort and the staff was professional and courteous. One gets the sense that it's a well-managed place because of the great attitude and service provided by the staff. As would be expected given our long stay, we got a bit tired of the menu in the restaurant but found good alternatives close by. Overall, it's a great option if you're visiting Moorea.
Traveller from California
Situated on a white sand beach, this resort is two km from Cook's Bay, six km from Belvedere, and 17 km from Tahiti.More
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.