Visiting Bora Bora
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bora Bora, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights in the city include Mt. Otemanu, Matira Beach and Coral Gardens.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodation options in Bora Bora
- The closest major airport is in Bora Bora (BOB-Motu Mute), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Raiatea (RFP-Uturoa), 24 mi (38.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bora Bora
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mt. Otemanu, Matira Beach and Coral Gardens. Snorkelling, shark viewing and taking a tour are top activities, while sights to visit include Vaitape Harbor. Other notable sights to explore include Le Meridien Beach and Matira Point.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Bora Bora. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Conrad Bora Bora Nui - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi.
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach and 3 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Bora Bora
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 21°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 22°C
- About 1731.70 millimetres of rain falls on Bora Bora each year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 21°C