Visitors can enjoy all that Dedham has to offer including the bars, museums and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cosy and welcoming setting. Around the area, top sights include Colchester Zoo, Chantry Park and Ipswich Waterfront.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Dedham
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 31.4 mi (50.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dedham
A favourite place to visit in the city is Sir Alfred Munnings Art Museum. In the area, you'll also find Colchester Zoo and Chantry Park.
As you plan your holiday to Dedham, the best accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 122 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Old Bakery Cottage is located in central Dedham. This hotel in Colchester features a restaurant and free parking.
- The Tallow Factory is located in the heart of Dedham. This hotel in Colchester features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- Holiday Inn Express Colchester is located within 0.5 mi (0.8 km) of the city centre. Located in Colchester, this 3.5-star apartment features a kitchen, a fireplace and free WiFi.
A popular place to see outside the city is Ipswich Waterfront, located 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Dedham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 584.30 millimetres of rain falls on Dedham each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C