Search Hotels in Costa Brava
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Aug 2018
Visiting Costa Brava
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Costa Brava, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and cafes. Top sights in the city include Roses Beach, Cadaques Beach and Tossa de Mar Beach.
- There are 7301 hotels and other accommodation options in Costa Brava
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 17.4 mi (28.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Perpignan (PGF-Perpignan - Rivesaltes Intl.), 50.7 mi (81.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Costa Brava
Cultural venues in the city include Castle of Pubol, Cork Museum and Museu de la Pesca. Families come for attractions such as Water World, Butterfly Park Empuriabrava and Parc Aventura. The city is notable for landmarks like Castle of Peratallada, Castle of Montgri and Torre de les Hores.
In Tossa de Mar, you can choose from 7301 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mas de Torrent Hotel & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel BlauMar Llafranc - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hotel Portbo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other favourite sights in Costa Brava include Roses Beach, Cadaques Beach and Tossa de Mar Beach. Popular places to see outside the city include Girona Cathedral, 12.4 mi/19.9 km from the heart of the city, and Dali Museum, which is 17.9 mi/28.8 km away.
Getting around Costa Brava
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Flaça Station, Sant Jordi Desvalls Station or Sant Miquel de Fluvià Station. Costa Brava may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Costa Brava
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Costa Brava is 16 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Costa Brava by Star Rating
- Areas of Costa Brava
- Accommodation near Costa Brava Attractions
- More accommodation types in Costa Brava
- Choose Your Costa Brava Hotel Style
- Search Costa Brava Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Costa Brava
- Hotels Near Costa Brava, Catalonia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends