Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in L'Escala, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the gardens, beaches and restaurants. Welcoming and trendy, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its spas, cycling and bars.
- There are 5 L'Escala hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 24.4 mi (39.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around L'Escala
- Top activities include cycling and a port, whereas Pals Beach is a great place to visit
- Museum and Dali Museum are popular cultural attractions
- Notable landmarks include Empúries, The Site, and Empuries
- The gardens, beaches and the sea highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Roses Beach, Cadaques Beach, and Medes Islands Marine Reserve
Getting around L'Escala
There are many transport options in L'Escala. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transport.
Staying in L'Escala
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- L'Escala Resort
- Hotel Can Català
L'Escala Resort, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.2 out of 5 user rating. Also Hotel Can Català has a 4.2 rating by guests.
Dressing for L'Escala
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for L'Escala is 16 millimetres