Families will find kid-friendly activities in Castlebar, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theatres, entertainment and bars. A top sight in the area is Knock Shrine.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Castlebar
- The closest major airport is in Knock (NOC-Ireland West), 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Castlebar
A couple of favourite places to visit are McHale Park and Mayo Memorial Peace Park. Additionally, you'll find Knock Shrine in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Castlebar. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Westbrook Country House - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Woodview Lodge Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Harlequin Hotel Castlebar - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting around Castlebar
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Castlebar Station. Castlebar might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Castlebar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Castlebar is 918 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C