Guests are sure to enjoy the bars, restaurants and theatres in Castlebar. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will also delight visitors with its festivals, live music and spas.
- There are 6 Castlebar hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Knock (NOC-Ireland West), 20.1 mi (32.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Castlebar
- Known for its theatres, festivals and live music, including cultural attractions, such as Linenhall Arts Centre, TF Royal & Theatre, and National Museum of Country Life
- Favourite places to visit in the city include Mayo Memorial Peace Park, Lake Lannagh Hiking Trails, and Turlough Round Tower
- Also well-known for its spas and shopping
Getting around Castlebar
Castlebar has plenty of options for transport. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Castlebar Station.
Staying in Castlebar
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Breaffy House Hotel
- Breaffy Woods Hotel
Searching for a charming locale or stylish getaway? You may enjoy these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- TF Royal Hotel
- The Harlequin Hotel
TF Royal Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are The Harlequin Hotel and Breaffy House Hotel.
Dressing for Castlebar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 19°C, whereas the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Castlebar is 921 millimetres