Families will find kid-friendly activities in Carlton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Museum, Queen Victoria Market and Princess Theatre.
- You'll find 2715 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 11 mi (17.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carlton
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Royal Exhibition Building. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Carlton Gardens and Lygon Street.
In Melbourne, you can choose from 82 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ibis Melbourne Swanston Street Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- Best Western Plus Travel Inn Hotel - Our customers like the bar and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Rydges on Swanston - Melbourne - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Melbourne Museum, located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city centre, and Queen Victoria Market, which is 0.9 mi (1.4 km) away.
Dressing for Carlton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 278.70 millimetres of rain falls on Carlton each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C