Visiting Cape Canaveral
Visitors are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants, and shopping in Cape Canaveral. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its surfing, bars, and sunrises. A top attraction is Port Canaveral.
- There are 7 Cape Canaveral hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while September tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, FL (MLB-Melbourne Intl.), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Cape Canaveral
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and surfing, while Port Canaveral is one place to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Traxx at Jungle Village, Golf-N-Gator, and Cocoa Beach Pier
- The beach, seaside, and sunrises highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Manatee Sanctuary Park, Cherie Down Park, and Alan Shepard Park
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Cocoa Village is a favourite locale for retail therapy
Getting around Cape Canaveral
Cape Canaveral has plenty of options for transportation. You can explore your options for water transportation at the port.
Staying in Cape Canaveral
Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach, averaging GBP 196/night
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, averaging GBP 201/night
You might like Royal Mansions Resort, averaging GBP 199.1 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating while Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort and Royal Mansions Resort are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Cape Canaveral
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, while the average at night is 14°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 32°C with nighttime averages of 21°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and nighttime averages of 10°C
- Cape Canaveral gets about 1372 millimetres of rain per year