Visitors to Cocoa are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos and university setting. Top sights in the city include Coastal Florida Sports Park and Cocoa Village.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Cocoa
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, FL (MLB-Orlando Melbourne Intl.), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cocoa
The city's cultural venues include Cocoa Village Playhouse and Brevard Museum of History and Natural Science. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Coastal Florida Sports Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cocoa Village and Astronaut Memorial Planetarium and Observatory.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cocoa. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Cocoa Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524 - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this motel. This 2-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Inn Cocoa Port Canaveral - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to see around the area include Port Canaveral, 7.5 mi/12 km from the heart of the city, and Cocoa Beach Pier, which is 7.5 mi (12.1 km) away.
Dressing for Cocoa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Cocoa is 1372 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C