Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Cape Breton Island hotel prices
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 28 Oct 2020
Visiting Cape Breton Island
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cape Breton Island, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. Scenic and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its local tours and live music. A top sight in the city is Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- There are 211 hotels and other accommodation options in Cape Breton Island
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NS (YQY), 31.2 mi (50.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cape Breton Island
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design and Membertou Heritage Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Gilbert H. Grosvenor Hall, St. George's Church & Cemetery and Bethel Presbyterian Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Bras d'Or Lake and Doyles Bridge Pool.
In Cheticamp, there are 211 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Chambers Guest House B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney Nova Scotia - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Aaron's Dove House Bed & Breakfast Harbourside - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Dressing for Cape Breton Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 4°C and the night-time average to be -12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and -8°C at night
- Cape Breton Island gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -10°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Cape Breton Island by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cape Breton Island Airports
- Accommodation near Cape Breton Island Attractions
- More accommodation types in Cape Breton Island
- Choose Your Cape Breton Island Hotel Style
- Search Cape Breton Island Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Cape Breton Island
- Hotels Near Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends