Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sydney, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its port and shopping.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NS (YQY), 7.4 mi (11.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sydney
Cultural venues in the city include Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design, Jost House Museum and Cape Breton Centre for Heritage and Science. The city is notable for landmarks like Bethel Presbyterian Church, St. George's Church & Cemetery and World's Largest Fiddle. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Centre 200 is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Sydney. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn Sydney - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney - Our customers like the bar and beach locale at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Sydney - Waterfront - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Sydney
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 4°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -10°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Sydney is 31 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C