Visitors can enjoy all that Capannori has to offer including the coffee shops and lakeside setting. The countryside and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Guinigi Tower, Cathedral of St Martin and Piazza dell'Anfiteatro.
- There are 218 hotels and other accommodation options in Capannori
- The closest major airport is in Pisa (PSA-Galileo Galilei), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Capannori
The city is notable for landmarks like Villa Mansi, Oak Tree of Pinocchio and Villa Reale. In the area, you'll also find Guinigi Tower and Cathedral of St Martin.
In Lucca, there are 218 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Relais del Lago - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Tenuta San Pietro Hotel & Restaurant - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Relais Corte Benedetto - Amenities at this farm house include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Piazza dell'Anfiteatro, 3.6 mi/5.8 km from the heart of the city, and Basilica of San Frediano, which is 3.7 mi (5.9 km) away.
Getting around Capannori
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Tassignano-Capannori Station. Capannori might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Capannori
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Capannori is 33 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C