Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mijas, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its shopping, golfing, and entertainment.
- There are 5 Mijas hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Mijas
- Top activities include golfing and exploring the waterfront, while La Siesta Golf Club, Cabopino Golf Marbella, and Miraflores Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Fuengirola Adventure Golf, Parque Acuatico Mijas, and Bioparc Fuengirola
- The beach and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and Calahonda Beach, Cabopino Beach, and Marbella Beach are some places worth a visit
Getting around Mijas
Mijas has plenty of options for transportation. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Mijas
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Ona Campanario, averaging GBP 61.93/night
- The Macdonald Dona Lola Club, averaging GBP 98.99/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Crown Resorts Club Calahonda, averaging GBP 52.42/night
- Macdonald Leila Playa Club, averaging GBP 110.14/night
A 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Crown Resorts Club Calahonda with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating while Macdonald Leila Playa Club and Ona Campanario are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Mijas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the nighttime average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July through September averages 31°C during the day and 17°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Mijas each year