Visitors can enjoy all that Buyukada has to offer including the monuments, beaches and sightseeing tours. Around the area, top sights include Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Square and Hagia Sophia.
- You'll find 3278 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Istanbul
- The closest major airport is in Istanbul (SAW-Sabiha Gokcen Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Istanbul (IST), 34 mi (54.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Buyukada
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of the Princes' Islands, Troçki Evi Büyükada and Adalar Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Nikola Monastery, Prinkipo Greek Orphanage and Ayia Yorgi Church and Monastery. The city's natural beauty is on display at Yorukali Plaji, Yorukali Beach and Eskibag plaji.
In Adalar, you can choose from 51 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cenar Konak Butik Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include 20 restaurants and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Butik Akvaryum - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Eskibağ Butik Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Blue Mosque, located 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city centre, and Sultanahmet Square, which is 12.7 mi (20.5 km) away.
Dressing for Buyukada
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Buyukada each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°C