Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bray, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its beaches. Top sights around the area include James Joyce Tower, Royal Dublin Society and Aviva Stadium.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Bray
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bray
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Bray Beach and Bray Head. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bray Heritage Centre and Dargle View Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Bray. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Strand Hotel former Home of Oscar Wilde & Caffe Vergnano 1882 - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a coffee shop and parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- The Martello Hotel - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a nightclub, along with free WiFi.
- Esplanade Hotel Bray - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include James Joyce Tower, 6 mi/9.7 km from the heart of the city, and Royal Dublin Society, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away.
Getting around Bray
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Dublin Bray Station. Bray may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bray
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Bray is 759 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C