Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bintan, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. A top sight in the area is Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Bintan
- The closest major airport is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 39.3 mi (63.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bintan
The city is notable for landmarks like Banyan Tree Temple, Santa Maria Cave and Plaza Lagoi. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Trikora Beach, Gunung Bintan and Lagoi Bay Lake. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Ria Bintan Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Bintan. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Sanchaya - This 5-star resort features a private beach, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Indra Maya Pool Villas - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a private beach, along with a private pool.
- Holiday Villa Pantai Indah - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private pool. Expedia customers love its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Batam Centre Ferry Terminal, located 29.4 mi (47.4 km) from the city centre, and Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal, which is 9.2 mi/14.8 km away.
Dressing for Bintan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 23°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Bintan gets about 2417.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 23°C