Visiting Basque Coast
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Basque Coast, which is also known for its spas and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its aquarium. Top sights in the city include Anglet Beach, Asiatica Museum of Asian Art and Grand Beach.
- There are 2133 hotels and other accommodation options in Basque Coast
- The closest major airport is in Biarritz (BIQ-Pays Basque), 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Sebastian (EAS), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Basque Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Asiatica Museum of Asian Art, Musee Basque and Biarritz Historic Museum. Attractions like Biarritz Aquarium and Bid'a Parc are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Biarritz Lighthouse, Paroisse Notre-Dame de l'Assomption - Bayonne Centre and Maison Louis XIV.
In Hendaye, you can choose from 2133 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Valencia - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel St-Julien - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Biarritz City Centre features parking, a library and a terrace.
- Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Basque Coast include Anglet Beach, Grand Beach and Casino Barriere. Popular places to see outside the city include Monte Urgull, located 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city centre, and Concha Beach, which is 26.4 mi/42.5 km away.
Getting around Basque Coast
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Biarritz Station, Bayonne Station or Boucau Station. Basque Coast may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Basque Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Basque Coast is 30 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C