Guests are sure to enjoy the tours, wineries and restaurants in Armamar. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, scenic landscape and riverfront city can discover its cheese, mountains and boating.
- There are 4 Armamar hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro), 52.6 mi (84.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Armamar
- Taking a tour, wine tasting and a port are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Quinta de Santa Eufemia and Dourocaves Winery
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including Capela de S. Pedro de Balsemao, Panoias, and Casa de Mateus
- The rivers and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and Alameda dos Capitaes Park, Camping Lamego, and Carreira Gardens are several places worth visiting
Getting around Armamar
Armamar has many options for getting around. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transport.
Staying in Armamar
You may appreciate one of these traveller-recommended, small-scale inns and unique properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Hotel Folgosa Douro
- Casa da Farmácia
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Folgosa Douro with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Casa da Farmácia has a 4.6 rating by guests.
Dressing for Armamar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, while the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of 5°C
- About 1276 millimetres of rain falls on Armamar each year